Travelling with Lufthansa is more than just flying. Lufthansa is there for you all the way with extensive services for all your travel needs. So with Lufthansa Express, the new umbrella concept for airport feeder services, you have the travel to and from the airport as well as the flight from a single source. In addition to bus, train and even helicopter, there is now, with Lufthansa Express Carsharing, another relaxing way to get to and from the airport.
With car2go to the airport and back
In cooperation with the globally operating car sharing company car2go you, as a Lufthansa Group passenger, enjoy preferential terms with car2go – across Europe and everywhere else where there is car2go. This new option is especially attractive for travellers who wish to get to the airport alone or as a pair. Baggage is no problem because the compact car is surprisingly spacious. Only with skis or oversized luggage you should select another alternative. One hundred of these Smart cars will carry the Lufthansa Express Look and can be clearly identified from afar. Once at the airport you just need to park the Smart cars on the designated parking spots – and then it’s off to the departure gate.
With Lufthansa Express Carsharing you benefit twice
As a Lufthansa Group passenger you will not only save the parking fees you would have had to pay if you had used your own car but also the car2go airport fee of up to 12 euros and the otherwise standard car2go registration fee of 19 euros*. The only stipulations are registration via LH.com/Express as well as a valid driver’s licence which needs to be validated prior to the first rental.
car2go: no matter when or where
Once registered via Lufthansa Express with car2go you are registered as a car2go customer and are then able to use the car sharing offer for any trip around the city, whenever you are not travelling to the airport.
It works like this:
1. Application is via LH.com/Express. From there you will be directed straight to the car2go homepage to register.
2. You must present your driving licence and ID at one of the designated validation points.
3. Download the car2go app.
4. Locate and book a car in your vicinity via the car2go app or directly via www.car2go.com
5. Get in and drive to the airport.
6. Park the car in the designated parking space. The directions to the relevant airport can be found on the car2go homepage under ‘Airport’.
* Initially valid for the first six months until 15.06.2016.